D&S MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE: (Job Description)
As a Manufacturer Sales Representative you will visit and call on established accounts and generate new accounts. This position entails visiting and calling on current retail store accounts as well as looking for new business representing our manufacturers to the retailer, in your assigned territory.
As a commission-based contracted manufacturer’s sales representative, you report to the director of D&S Marketing Group (Doris Scott). You will work independently and be responsible for servicing your defined marketing territory. You will be the face of D&S Marketing Group and our manufacturers, by representing our many diverse product lines and be the liaison between the customer, our manufacturers, and D&S Marketing Group.
D&S Marketing Group represents some of the top gift and card lines in the industry to retail stores, hospital gift shops and independent retail stores. Candidate must be goal driven, and able to manage the duties of an account manager independently. Work out of a home office and be able to organize and manage a territory. This is a IRS-1099 commission position with a 70/30 split (Industry Standard). This is NOT a salaried or hourly position (IRS-1099 Contractor). Income is solely based on your ability to sell products to new and established accounts.
NO MEDICAL BENEFITS are included with this position (IRS-1099 Contractor).
Your responsibilities are widespread. You are the key part of our customer relationship and represent D&S Marketing Group. Your professional manner and business execution are critical part of helping our manufacturers, exceeding the expectations of our customers, and D&S Marketing Group.
1. Work a Territory Plan.
2. Visit and service established accounts. (Travel required)
3. Grow established accounts. (Travel required)
4. Prospect for new accounts. (Travel required)
5. Consult with retailers to increase their business by presenting stationery products.
6. Able to work independently and being an entrepreneur.
7. Work on a commission basis. (70/30 Split – Industry Standard)
8. Increase sales through greater penetration within existing accounts and industries, while also prospecting and building business with new accounts.
9. Answer customer questions regarding products and their applications, credit terms, and delivery information.
10. Present new items, identify and close sales to existing customers.
11. Demonstrate outstanding customer service to build relationships and ensure customer satisfaction.
12. Attend sales meetings and meet with director (Doris Scott) and manufacturers representatives on a semi-annual basis.
13. Write and process orders.
Communicating weekly via telephone with the director (Doris Scott) and others on the D&S Marketing Group corporate team to report weekly marketing and sales activities, and reporting critical customer issues. – (New Contractors: REQUIRED/MANDATED)
Working safely, dressing professionally, and executing daily tasks in a responsible and efficient manner. (i.e. sales calls, scheduling customer appointments, submitting required weekly sales summaries and sales prospecting activities to director of D&S Marketing Group).
High energy, motivated persons with excellent sales and customer service skills. Ability to problem solve in dealing with customer service issues.
1. HS diploma, GED certificate or equivalent, prefer some college or associate degree.
2. A minimum of 2-3 sales and marketing experience in the gift industry.
3. Clean driving record, active valid driver’s license, reliable automobile with active valid insurance. (Extensive travel required)
4. History of successful sales achievements and effective closing skills.
5. Results-driven, ambitious and self-motivated.
6. Must be an ambitious self-starter that is able to work well in a fast industry.
7. Must be an effective communicator with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office. (MS Word/MS Excel)
9. Strong relationship building skills and results driven with a track record of success.
10. Ability to drive to stores using personal transportation.
11. Ability to read and understand store plan-o-gram and set instructions.
12. Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds, packing and unpacking consumer goods.
13. Ability to effectively use Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
14. Ability to perform math calculations.
15. Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
IRS-1099 CONTRACTOR SIGNATURE:
I hereby certify that I have read and understood the above information as part of my having been hired as a commission based contractor for D&S Marketing Group (IRS-1099 Contractor).
If I do not perform my duties as described as above within a prescribed period of time [___] 30-days, [__] 60-days, [___] 90-days, I am subject to be released as a contractor to D&S Marketing Group.
All manufacturers rep. kits and samples will have to be returned to D&S Marketing Group at my expense.
I understand that my initial commission checks will be held in escrow, pending above prescribed and completed probationary period.
Signature – D&S Marketing Group (IRS-1099 Contractor)
Signature – D&S Marketing Group (Owner/Principal – Doris Scott)